The coronavirus is creating worldwide panic, but we wanted to share some good news with you.
First: You’ve done everything you can to prepare yourself for a sickness. Strong, fit people are hard to kill, and they bounce back fast. You’ve taken care of yourself, you eat well and you’re tough as nails. Coronavirus is worried about you.
Second: Even in the event of mandated shut downs and quarantines in our area, we will continue to provide workouts and training programs for all of our wonderful members.
How to minimize your risk
- Practice general hygiene. Don’t touch your face, be sure to wash your hands regularly, and if you feel unwell then please stay home.
- Keep living a healthy lifestyle. Eat your veggies, drink your water, and take your vitamins. Keep movement as part of your life and don’t let fear relegate you to the couch.
Keep a healthy mindset. Precaution is good. Fear can be debilitating. Know that you are doing everything you can to protect yourself and your family. If you have preexisting conditions that could increase the severity of the sickness, double down on these efforts and be sure to get in to the doctor if you notice any symptoms.
How we preparing at Ardent?
At Ardent Fitness we always clean with sanitary solutions and wipes, regardless of whether or not there is a pandemic. However, we have doubled down on some effort and added a couple more.
- Jugs of hand sanitizer in high traffic areas of the gym. Be sure to hit these whenever you pass them.
- We are stocked up on our Zogics gym wipes, which have the same active ingredient as Lysol wipes, which kills coronavirus.
- Anything anybody touches gets wiped down before the next class. This goes from members and equipment to coaches and remotes. All surfaces are always being disinfected.
- Our floor cleaning solution has also been an anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-viral mix but we have instructed our cleaning crew to please up the concentration a little bit in these uncertain times.
In the event of a mandated closing, we will continue to instruct fitness even if it means nobody is at 208 Berg street.
- We will provide daily at home workouts with video explanation and movement demos for our group class members.
- Personal training and individual design client will be provided with customized at-home workouts that align with their overall program.
- To prepare, consider buying a single set of dumbbells or even a kettlebell. The at-home workouts we provide will have options for both.
For now though, it is business as usual. Let’s keep building ourselves to be able to beat this and any other pandemic that might come up!